- Loss Damage Waiver 0% Deductible (LDW)
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Primary Third Person/Property Liability (PLI)
- Civil Responsability Complement (SLI)
- Medical expenses insurance (PAI)
- Theft Protection (TP)
- Free Mileage
- State and Federal Taxes
- Legal Assistance
- Vehicle Licensing Cost
Requirement to Rent a Vehicle
- The minimum age is 18 years of age. There is no limit for maximum age.
- Present an original and current drivers license, with photograph.
- The titleholder of the rental, or the authorized additional driver, must present his/her current, original driver’s license, from the country of residence. We reserve the right to verify and accept the drivers licenses, according to the established norms by America Car Rental, and negate the rental, in case of any omision or non compliance.
- An official identification, current and with photograph IFE (for Mexicans) or, passport, current, with photograph, from the country of residence.
- As payment for the rental of the vehicle, Credit or Debit Cards are accepted,(Amex, Visa, Discovery, Or MasterCard) traveler’s checks. Personal checks or travel vouchers are not accepted. We reserve the right to accept, or not, if the Credit or Debit Card is from a special promotion, in bad shape or is illegible.
- America Car Rental, reserves the right to decline the reservation or the rental of the vehicle, if the client does not cover satisfactorily the necessary requirements to carry out the commercial transaction.
- The total quote includes the rent of a vehicle for the period stipulated on the rental contract (by day, week or month), mileage is unlimited and includes insurance.
- The minimum rent is for 24 hours, even though the client may only use a portion of that period stipulated.
- The fractions of the day that exceed 3 hours, shall be considered and charged as a whole day.
- The total quote does not include traffic fines, tow away services, gasoline or returning the rental vehicle in another city or, any other situation the client can be held accountable for.
- There is a tolerance period of 30 minutes to return the rented vehicle that will be stipulated, and agreed to, on the rental contract. If the vehicle is not returned at the hour and date stipulated, there will be a charge of 15 dollars, per hour. If it exceeds 3 hours, the rate for the whole day will be charged, according to the daily rate stipulated on the rental contract.
- America Car Rental offers the authorization to cross the South border of Mexico to the countries of Belize and Guatemala. Only if the next indications are followed:
· Crossing to Belize
America Car Rental provides all the necessary documents so you can drive the vehicle in Belize without any charge, the client needs to ask for the document when the leasing contract is made, and it will be provided at the same time.
Insurance included in the rental are only valid in Mexico, the client must acquire an insurance that the government of Belize asks for, this insurance must be acquired at the border to be able to drive without any problems.
· Crossing to Guatemala
America Car Rental authorizes through a letter verified by a notary the exit of the vehicle and this is a requirement the government of Guatemala asks for. This document has a cost of 180 USD since the document is provided to America Car Rental and needs to be certified it is necessary to make the next arrangements.
· Monday to Friday rentals before 12:00 pm will be delivered between 24 to 48 horas
· Rentals on Friday after 12:00 pm, Saturday and Sunday, will be delivered the next Tuesday
· Festive days and Mexican holidays, the delivery is subject to availability of the notary, which can vary between 24 to 72 hours.
· If the client needs the letter at the time of taking the car, an additional day of rental will need to be acquired, since the vehicle will be blocked one day before to begin the process.
America Car Rental has a subsidiary on the north border of Mexico but does not authorize crossing the car through the border.
These documents can only be given in, in authorized America Car Rental locations (they cannot be sent through email, since the document must be shown physically) so the client needs to inform the nearest America Car Rental location to receive it when filling in the leasing contract.
The documents need to be solicited from the Reservations department or Customer Service to settle and pay them.
- The insurances coverages, that are included in the total quote, are valid only in Mexico. All the insurance coverages are subject to the clauses of registry, authorized by the Better Business Bureau (PROFECO) on contract 1768-2010, and that are stipulated on the rental contract.
PLI (Third party damages)
- This coverage is for public liability to the persons or their properties caused by the rented vehicle. This coverage is for $750, 000 pesos.
SLI (Civil responsibility complement)
- This coverage is an extension and complement of the public liability coverage which will cover up to $3,000,000.00 Mexican pesos to third persons or their properties. It also will include legal assistance if required.
CDW (Collision Damage Waiver)
- This coverage reduces the title holderâ€™s responsibility for payment, in case of partial or total loss of the rented vehicle to a stipulated deductible according to the rented vehicle. It is applicable when the damage is more than the stipulated deductible for collision, if the damages are less than the stipulated deductible, then the total value of all damages will be charge to the client.
TP (Partial Protection for theft)
- This coverage partially liberates the client of the responsibility for the partial or total theft of the rented vehicle. If this coverage is declined, the client shall be liable for the total cost of the replacement up to the total amount of the rented vehicle. If the client accepts the TP coverage, he/she will only be liable for the stipulated amount of the deductible on the rental contract.
LDW (Total coverage without a deductible)
- This coverage eliminates all responsibility of payment in case of damages, partial or total theft of the rented vehicle. This coverage is greater than the coverages offered by credit card companies or any other means. This allows the client to better control their budget and not have additional charges. This coverage is invalidated if there any noncompliance of the terms and conditions of the rental contract. This coverage does not include loss or damage to the car keys, license plates of the rented vehicle, fines or towing services when required.
PAI (Total coverage without a deductible)
- This coverage is for medical expenses to the title holder of the rental contract and the authorized occupants of the rented vehicle; in case of an accident.
You can request it at the counter when you make your lease.
TGI (Insurance for wheels and glass)
- This coverage eliminates all liability for damage to the tires, rims and glass of the rented vehicle. Terms and conditions apply. (Does not apply if the driver is under the influence of alcohol or drugs).
SRA (Highway assistance)
- (Highway assistance) this coverage offers road assistance required for the rented vehicle (jump, starts, changing of tires, locksmith in case car keys are locked in the rented vehicle, gasoline). (does not include the cost of the gasoline). Some restrictions may apply.
- Additional drivers must comply with the same requirements as the main driver and will be alleged to the same driving obligations of the rental car as the main driver. If you require an additional driver, this have an extra charge of 5 USD (taxes included) per day.
The petrol is NOT included in the total fare. The car needs to be returned with the same amount of petrol that it was given with, in relation to what will be written on the leasing contract. There are no refund for extra petrol. If any petrol is missing, the missing petrol is charged in the next as follows:
Vehicle Return Policies
- The place and date, accorded and stipulated on the rental contract, may be modified by the client, with the authorized request from America Car Rental. In case of non compliance of this disposition, by the titleholder of the rental contract, America Car Rental, besides applying the corresponding charges, has the faculty to rescind the rental contract immediately and will exercise the necessary actions to physically recuperate the rented vehicle, wherever it may be independently of who may be driving.
- The client has the obligation to request the extension of the rental period, from America Car Rental, in advance, and must have the authorization in writing. If, after seven calendar days, there is no communication from the client America Car Rental, will report the failure to return the rented vehicle to the corresponding authorities, and will follow any and all procedures dictated by the authorities.
- For security, deposits for guarantee are not accepted in cash, in any currency. This method is only with a credit or debit card.
- A bank authorization will always be required for the credit or debit card guarantee for deposit.
Guarantee deposits according to type of vehicle.
|ACRISS / SIPP
|ECMR. ECAR, CCMR, CCAR, ICMR, ICAR
|SCMD, SCMR, SCAR, SCAH, SCAD, SDAH, FCMR, FCAR
|PCAR, EFMR, CFAR, IFAR, SFAR, FFAR
|XJAR, XSAR, MEMR, MEAR, SPMR
|MVAR, IVMR, IVAR
|OVMR, OVAR, PFAR
Policies Regarding Reservations
- On reservation by internet, it is not necessary to furnish credit card numbers. (Unless it is a prepaid reservation).
- If the client does not feel comfortable guaranteeing his/her reservation by internet, it can be done through our reservation center (see here) obtaining the same rights and obligations, as it were by internet.
- America Car Rental will have as a priority to have the vehicle requested by the client. In case there is non availability, it will furnish a similar vehicle, in the same category.
- Reservations shall be honored up to four hours after the requested hour, and one hour, in high seasons.
- Reservations that are guaranteed with a credit card, or are prepaid, will be maintained active during the entire working day or, until the office closes that day.
- The charge for a “no show” (failure to arrive for a guaranteed reservation) shall be applied when the client does not request the cancelation of the reservation, with a minimum of 24 hours prior to the hour and date of the reservation. The charge will be one days rental rate confirmed for the rental vehicle.
Returning the Rented Vehicle in Another Location
- This additional charge, that is independent of the total quote of the reservation or rental contract, will vary, depending on the distances between cities. The amount will be stipulated on the confirmation of the reservation, that is e mailed to the client.